eSoft Interactive Forum Index
 Home    FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Files are missing from the download! Not the GRFs, either!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eSoft Interactive Forum Index -> Open TTD (Pocket PC, Palm OS, Smartphone)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

KajiFox

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Files are missing from the download! Not the GRFs, either!

I don't have gx.dll or timidity.cfg -- and whenever I try to play I get an error, "openttd.exe or one of its components was not found."

Needless to say, I'd like a hand here -- any takers?

tjasko
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject:

I can help you out. Smile

Let's start this from scratch to make sure you did this right. Wink

Get your Transport Tycoon Deluxe CD handy.

Put it in your drive... Open up the folder to the CD.

You're going to see lots of files. Download the files required for the game.

http://esoftinteractive.com/openttd.html

Then Un-Zip the files on your computer. Go to the folder where you Unzipped it, and open the files. You're going to see a folder called ppcttd in there. Open it. There's a data file in there, click it. Now minimize that window, and go back to the files on the CD.

In the main directory of the CD, you're going to see some files that start with trg(some letters +numbers).GRF. Copy all the files that end with the GRF extension, and move them to the data folder in the un-zipped files. And find the file sample.cat file in the main directory of the CD, move it to the data folder also.

Now on the CD, there will be a GM folder. Open it. Copy all the files in that folder, and move them over to the GM folder in the un-zipped files.

Move the PPCTTD folder (the unzipped folder) to your PDA. And run openttd on your PDA. Now if you have a Palm, it's a little different, but you still copy the same files over, but there in a different folder location in the unzipped files...

Hope this helps!

-Taylor-
256MB CF Card
SanDisk Extreme III CompactFlash 4GB - FAST!
1 GB SD Card
2 GB PNY SD Card
!=-eSoft is Awesome-=!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eSoft Interactive Forum Index -> Open TTD (Pocket PC, Palm OS, Smartphone) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: