eSoft Interactive Forum Index
 Home    FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Touchscreen only

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eSoft Interactive Forum Index -> Open TTD (Pocket PC, Palm OS, Smartphone)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

mietekxxx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Touchscreen only

Hi. First of all, thanks for OpenTTD port, it's great. Few days ago I've bought HTC Touch HD, installed PPC OTTD and hoped for the best. Resolution [800x480] is ok, game looks great, but there are two problems:
- I'm unable to move on the map, Touch HD has no hardware keys,
- cursor in the main menu moves together with stylus but is displaced [about 100px to bottom left], it's probably because of screen resolution.

Displaced cursor is small problem, but making game fully operational without any hardware keys might be a bigger issue [not sure if map is the only place which requires keys]. I think scrolling can be done like in Palm Heroes, by tap and hold on edges of screen.

Looking forward for new versions Smile

mietekxxx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Nice talking to you guys...

icklePhil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: HTC Touch HD

Hi everyone

I'm also highly interested in how to bring OpenTTD to the HTC Touch HD, because it's the killer criteria for me to buy that phone.
I had my cousin testing it for me but he also told me that he couldn't use the hardware keys (I believe the device has four hardware keys, not zero as the previous post states) because they are handled by the phones custom interface software "TouchFlo 3D".

I wonder if there is a way to change the key mapping that ppcttd uses, I only found the switch "rightclick_emulate" in the config file, but no mappings whatsoever.
Furthermore, I wonder what happened to the other hardware key that emulates the Ctrl-Leftclick which is used in the game to place the pre-signals...

Looking forward to any answers,

Cheers, Phil

PS: Yes, thanks a lot for your port, I didn't like it on my old PDA with 320x240 because the menu used two rows there, but that shouldn't be the problem anymore with the Touch HD's 800x480 resolution... Wink

catapum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject:

Hi!
I have the same problem with HTC Touch HD. I can't change the resolution in game options.
Is it posible to open the game in windowed mode and use the soft keyboard?

The game only starts with vertical orientation. I have installed GSen but it doesn't work anyway.

Anyone can help us?
Thks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eSoft Interactive Forum Index -> Open TTD (Pocket PC, Palm OS, Smartphone) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: