eSoft Interactive Forum Index
 Home    FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Version 0.6.0 has just been released!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eSoft Interactive Forum Index -> Open TTD (Pocket PC, Palm OS, Smartphone)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

egarayblas
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Version 0.6.0 has just been released!

You may download the last version of PPCTTD (version 0.6.0) from the link below.

http://www.esoftinteractive.com/openttd.html

We now have support for both VGA and QVGA! Smile

Please let us know your comments, suggestions and feedback!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Moskus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject:

Works great! Very Happy

But even if I've copied the GM-folder to the ppcttd-directory there is no music...

dMk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Moskus wrote:
Works great! Very Happy
But even if I've copied the GM-folder to the ppcttd-directory there is no music...

same problem.. ..and workplace is too big for my screen resolution (Asus P750@320x240)

LAttilaD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject:

I can't install it. I've copied all files to the card as needed, downloaded UDMH and told to set 8, 9, 10 MBs free, but all attempts to run the game performs an immediate reset.
I have a Palm TX with some 72 MBs of free memory before starting the game. A lot of software is running, including FrameTX by Dmitry, myKbd by Alex Pruss, which have no option to switch them off.
What should I do? I love TTD and played a lot with the original version and now with OpenTTD for Windows, and I would love to have it on Palm, too.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Láng Attila D., http://lattilad.org

egarayblas
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject:

Hi LAttilaD,

We have tested the game on a clean Palm TX and it runs fine. Did you follow the instructions from the OpenTTD page? What happens when you run the game?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

LAttilaD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject:

egarayblas wrote:
Hi LAttilaD,

We have tested the game on a clean Palm TX and it runs fine. Did you follow the instructions from the OpenTTD page? What happens when you run the game?

Thank you for answering, egarayblas. Yes, I hope I did follow them: palm/programs/data contains trg*.grf and sample.cat from the TTD for DOS, palm/programs/ttd contains folders from the zip and palm/launcher contains the prc.
When I run the game, I get a screen telling how many free heap does it need and showing the amount available. (When not using UDMH, this is about 4 MB. Turning it on, I see 8 or 9 or 10 MB, whatever I set in UDMH.) The form has a Play button. Tapping it, I see an immediate reset.

But now, reading your post and realizing there are two DATA folders related to PalmTTD, I fell in doubt if I understood all instructions properly, and copied the files from palm/programs/data to palm/programs/ttd/data. Now, after tapping Play, Palm is thinking for about a second, then performs a reset.

Láng Attila D., http://lattilad.org

fraggler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject:

Hello,

My suggestion is to try the Windows version of the original TTD files which are named as followed:
TRG1R.GRF
TRGCR.GRF
TRGHR.GRF
TRGIR.GRF
TRGTR.GRF
SAMPLE.CAT
But if you can't use the much more tested Windows files, and must use the DOS ones, use
TRG1.GRF
TRGI.GRF
TRGC.GRF
TRGH.GRF
TRGT.GRF
SAMPLE.CAT
You want to make sure these filenames are in all CAPS as shown in the listings above. When you unzip the PalmTTD file you should see a Palm folder. That Palm folder can be copied to the root/base directory of your storage media for the Palm TX. If you are copying each folder over manually, make sure the directory structure remains intact, and the filename case isnt changed.

Now inside that zip was a /PALM/PROGRAMS/TTD/ directory. The above files should be placed in the data folder that exists there: /PALM/PROGRAMS/TTD/DATA/

If it crashes after this process, please let me know. It should work with the DOS files, but try the Windows one if possible, assuming you use the instructions I gave.

There is a chance SAMPLE.CAT should be named all lowercase as well, depending on the version you have. Might want to try renaming it to all lowercase if all else fails.

Thanks for your patience.

LAttilaD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject:

fraggler wrote:
Hello,

My suggestion is to try the Windows version of the original TTD files which are named as followed:

Is there a place to download the Windows version from? I have the DOS one only, used by OpenTTD for Windows, too.

Quote:
You want to make sure these filenames are in all CAPS as shown in the listings above.

According to Resco Explorer, they are in all caps.

Quote:
When you unzip the PalmTTD file you should see a Palm folder. That Palm folder can be copied to the root/base directory of your storage media for the Palm TX. If you are copying each folder over manually, make sure the directory structure remains intact, and the filename case isnt changed.

Yes, I made sure.

Quote:
If it crashes after this process, please let me know. It should work with the DOS files, but try the Windows one if possible, assuming you use the instructions I gave.

It does, unfortunately.

Quote:
There is a chance SAMPLE.CAT should be named all lowercase as well, depending on the version you have. Might want to try renaming it to all lowercase if all else fails.

Now I renamed it, but that doesn't help, TTD resets still.

Meanwhile, the problem is that UDMH is going to expire… I have only five days to learn if I could run TDD… Sad

LAttilaD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject:

fraggler wrote:

Thanks for your hint, fraggler! I found the Windows version, gave it to PalmTTD and it runs now.

But, however, it gets crazy when I try to scroll the screen, even on the title screen. If I touch the bottom edge to scroll down, my Palm status bar appears together with the TTD warning screen (the one telling about the memory heap), then they slowly get erased with partial screen refreshes.

LAttilaD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject:

PS. I turned option "Edge tap toggles statusbar" off in myKbd. Now the statusbar doesn't appear when tapping the edge. But that's a nuisance to be in need to turn that option off before playing.

fraggler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Hi Smile

Glad you got it working. Sorry about the status bar issue. And thanks for letting me know of the issue with DOS files. Assuming a newer version comes around, I will keep those issues in mind.

Thanks!

egarayblas
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject:

Glad you were able to sort it out LAttilaD! Happy playing! Smile

Thanks for informing us about the DOS version, we'll take note of that.

LAttilaD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject:

I can give you some more report.
TTD doesn't like landscape mode. If I start it in that mode, I get a reset.
There is a touchscreen shifting bug. My digitizer is set up properly (for example, myKbd with its tiny keys works well), but in TTD, I have to aim above and left from the real target. For example, if I want to close a window, tapping on the X button won't close it. I must tap a little left and up. (If I snap a window to the left edge of the screen, there's no way to close it without scrolling the view leftwards.)
Sometimes a window appears with its title entirely covered by the toolbar. Therefore, I can't move or close them. This happened to me with the Message Settings window.

If, during playing, an alert happens and brings a form up (I'm using Agendus Pro), I see the following:
1. After dismissing the alert, I see the title text of TTD (about the support and the heap) written over the normal TTD screen. Moving sprites slowly redraw the screen. Or, a scroll redraws the whole screen at once.
2. The Palm status bar sometimes appears on the screen, what it didn't do before the alert.
3. Making redraws of areas (e.g. moving a window or building) on the bottom 1/3 of the screen (i.e. at the place of the DIA) begin causing unwanted effects: the area redrawn begins to break in fragments which appear at unwanted locations.

Not bugs, just notes:
I feel there's no much reason in the pin button at the upper right corners of windows, since there is no Delete button what I could protect my windows from.
I can't scroll the map inside the Map window. In the original version, this is done by the right mouse button. Should I try it with the other end of the stylus? Very Happy
Ouch! I can't type text in input boxes!

Anyhow, it's a beautiful work. I feel sorry that the trial period is soon over and it won't run any longer.

LAttilaD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject:

PS. Another bug. I had a game with some 6 million dollars in cash. Saved it, then exited the game. Later I started the game again and opened the game. I had 2 million dollars only. Looking surprised, I tapped on Load and opened the game again. Now I had all my money.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eSoft Interactive Forum Index -> Open TTD (Pocket PC, Palm OS, Smartphone) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: